a wedding quilt

I recently made a quilt as a wedding gift for a dear friend; a friend that I wish I met sooner than I did. We both went to the same university and had very similar majors and graduated at the same time, but didn't meet until about a year after we graduated. We also met at a bar...ha! From the moment we met, we were inseparable until she moved to Austin (I'm in Dallas) for a new fabulous job. She was the first friend I introduced my future husband and got her approval! She was also there the night Mr. Relish proposed to me. --Well, actually, she was eating dinner with us because I invited her and didn't realize Mr. Relish had a special plan up his sleeve. The entire dinner Beth kept pestering Mr. Relish on when he was going to propose and he should do it before he left for Russia the next day. She even called him several times after we left to ask him really, when was he going to do it! Don't worry, he did it when we got home.-- Anyway, fast forward several years and now Beth has found her Mr. Relish and back to the quilt....

I wanted something more traditional and also a bit masculine since it was a gift for both of them. I found a great tutorial for an easy lattice quilt, tutorial, using a layer cake and started there...

The fabrics are by Basic Grey's Curio collection from Moda. I machine quilted along the criss-crosses and then free motioned four leaf flowers within each of the triangle squares.

I went with a smaller lap-size version and was able to use the other 1/2 layer cake pieces for another quilt for my mother-in-law. I just had to cut a few extra squares from my yardage pieces.

Hint: I cut my white sashing fabric about an inch longer than she did (so 16 x 2 1/2 inches instead of 15 x 2 /1/2 inches); otherwise, I was too short on one end to finish of the square.

Thanks for checking out my quilt and blog!

Melissa

The beautiful bride and me at her wedding:





Comments

  1. Words cannot describe how beautiful this quilt is. I LOVE IT!! James barely lets me touch it, its so perfect he wants to preserve it haha. I am constantly amazed by your talent and insanely jealous.
    I miss you terribly :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. wedding dress preservation kit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. Maui Engagement photographer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks! Shisha Hire London

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts