my first blog post

I am writing my very first blog post while sitting at my kitchen table feeding my 7 month old baby food (which she hates) and my 2 year old is stamping herself with the stamp set that I Santa gave her for Christmas. --I know, I'm a genius! -- That is my life now and I love it!

Why a blog? I graduated with a bachelor's degree in science and worked for 4 years before I started my little family and have never looked back. I stay home with my sweet girls and as a way to keep my sanity, I spend my "free" (term used very loosely) time crafting, creating, sewing and procuring new FABRIC (I have an addiction). I check in with all my favorite blogs daily and I've been thinking about starting a blog for awhile now....so here I am. I love to sew. Period. I got my very first sewing machine when I was 25, but didn't get the courage to open it until two years later and boy, am I glad I did! I taught myself how to sew in 2009 and then needed a new challenge while pregnant with little relish #2....so I taught myself how to quilt in 2012. Almost everything I have learned about sewing or quilting I learned from blogs (or the books my favorite bloggers have written).

I feel like I am so behind with sharing all my sewing projects, so I have created a modpodge of my quilts from 2012. The Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you See? was my very first quilt. Hopefully, I will get a chance to tell you about some of them in detail later.




Thanks so much for reading and please feel free to leave a comment!

Melissa



Comments

  1. That chevron quilt kind of in the middle looks nice, I would love to see it close up. Good luck with your bloggning venture, I'll make sure to swing by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The chevron quilt was next on the list to blog about....it was super easy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very interesting ideal and really helpful information. Also try our new Nursery Embroidery Designs Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ought to take special care on cleaning an important porcelain bath sink so it scratches readily. Avoid utilising steel constructed from wool, and select clean cloth or sponge when taking out surface intrinsic and extrinsic stains. Wipe that sink on circular motions with the sponge as well as dish cleaning agent, then wash out sink with tepid to warm water. If you need a nice shine for one's porcelain put, you implement baking soda together with a soft cloth to avoid sticky your hair and cleaning agent scum. Don’t leave behind to moreover clean the lower of that drain flaps, that caulk seal, and that faucet. part time maids in dubai

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts