quick afternoon baby quilt

I am working on getting all my completed quilts posted on the blog and here is one of my favorites...my quick and easy go-to baby quilt.

This seriously can be completed in a day and great for beginners (KAT!). I use this quilt all over the house, With having dogs and their fur everywhere, it's nice knowing the area she is playing on is clean. Great size for tummy time, covering up car seats in the winter and then later in their crib. --This size is great for when they are first allowed to have a blanket in the crib because it's not so bulky and more manageable.--

I decided to round the corners to add a little softness to the quilt since it's made of all squares...ya know? You could also add little ties on the back side so you can tie it to the car seat. Just make extra binding and sew it one the edges before you attach the quilt binding.

Supplies:
1 Charm Pack
1/2 yard for boarder - 4 inch strips
1/4 yard for binding
1 yard for backing

Finished size: 30x33 inches --after washed and dried many many times--

I made this one for my sweet little relish #2 before she was born using fabrics from the Sassy collection from Moda.



I can't believe I didn't take a finished photo of this quilt I made for a friend that was having a boy (palm to face). I guess I was so excited to get it packaged and shipped! These fabrics are from the Bungle Jungle collection from Moda.


Speaking of little relish #2, she just woke up from nap so off to the store we go...Thanks for stopping by!

Melissa






Comments

Popular Posts