apron knot party dress

I spotted this adorable fabric, Children at Play by Michael Miller, while searching for pdf patterns on Etsy and couldn't resist. I wanted to make something for both the girls but didn't want to buy two whole yards....so why "knot" an apron knot dress! Now I have two dresses and still another fat 1/2 yard to make something else....hmmmmm.

I used this pattern, The Ava Knot Dress, from Etsy from Pink Poodle Bows. This pattern was super easy to follow and it took me longer to decide on fabrics and placement than to actually make the two dresses! I did the bottom trim differently than what the pattern suggests. Instead, I took my pieces and folded in half wrong sides together, pressed, then attached it to bottom of skirt matching raw edges, right sides together. I like that finished look better and let's admit it, it's easier. :)

These dresses will make adorable bluebonnet pictures OR Easter dresses! Cant wait till MARCH! I have seen lots of similar dresses on Etsy if you would rather buy one. This Michael Miller fabric is everywhere and ILOVEIT! I talked about all the other fabrics I used earlier here and oh yeah, there's some Amy Butler mixed in there. Enjoy!


<---Pin me please. Come on, you know you wanna... do it...do it....do it....

Melissa

Comments

Popular Posts