Plum and June Photogrpahy Challenge - Subject & Composition

Well, this month's challenge at Plum and June's Photography Challenge stumped me a bit. I wasn't sure which theme I would go for. I literally sat on it for the entire month and finally took two pictures Monday that I thought would express the theme...

"Things that Make me Smile"

Plum and June Photo Challenge
Sewing Time
I decided to make this one a black & white to emphasize the simplicity of it.

Plum and June Photo Challenge
Colors
I added a matte finish overlay using Coffee shop Blog's Matte Finish action. I kept this picture simple as well, but it identifies my favorite colors. I tend to only buy thread in my favorite colors and that makes me happy.

Photography blogging tip: To get crisp, full resolution photographs in your blog, add them to Flickr first, then simply add the HTML code in your blog post. It takes a bit more time, but makes a huge difference. I will add the thread picture from above through blogger instead of Flickr and see if you can tell the difference.



Make sure to hop over to Plum and June to see everyone else's pictures and get some of their tips. I will be linking up on Sunday!

Plum and June

Thanks for stopping by!

Melissa

ps - y'all like my new header and watermark? I spent all last Friday mastering some Photoshop techniques...whoop!

Comments

  1. Thanks for the tip about posting to Flickr first! And your 'things' make me smile, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these photos! The sewing machine one is such a different perspective. And, that watermark is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are fantastic photos. Did you use the timer for the first one? That is such a great idea. Your header looks great - I love that cute little embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are lovely. I especially like the colours in the second one - and the matte overlay looks amazing. I am going to try the HTML thing tomorrow - sounds /looks like it is worth the extra effort. Thanks for sharing your great idea! New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The thread photo through Flickr is lovely, great header too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the flickr tip. I wish HTML didn't scare me so much, but maybe I will give it a try and see what happens. Your pictures are beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are awesome!!! I totally didn't do any this month. =( I thought about it a bit, but just didn't get around to it. good job, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like your watermark! I keep forgetting to put mine on. Love that you buy threads in the colors you like, that is a bit of happy. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty photos (jealous of your thread collection!) I really like the light breaking through the left hand side of your sewing time photo, and how the photo shows off your lovely rings. Changing it to b&w added extra impact--good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that first black and white shot! Such a cool perspective, and one most of us don't see very often.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts