Sewing for Christmas....

Just A quick share today....I made some totes to give as Christmas gifts. The big one is for my mom and smaller one is for my sister. Deja vu? They both loved my Market Tote and asked for one, but I told them they had to wait until Christmas. My sister asked for a smaller one and so I just made the main front panel 10 (instead of 13) inches and the center/base panel 5 (instead of 8 1/2) inches wide. I hope they both like them and I also hope they don't read this post and it will just blend in with all my other posts. haha

Zakka 2.0 Market Tote and mini

I used Annie's Soft and Sable for the first time and I really liked how easy it was to sew with. I think next time I will quilt the fabric on even though you technically don't need to. I got mine at Quilt Festival but I also saw that it's sold on Amazon.

I added magnetic closures to both with polka-dot lining.
Zakka 2.0 Market Tote and mini

I hope they love them!

I have three quilts basted and ready to be quilted so I hope to have a finished quilt to share this week! Happy Monday!

Melissa

Comments

  1. great totes !! I love the colours, and they are a good size. They will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your color choices. Who wouldn't love those totes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Yvonne! I found the floral at Quilt Festival but have no idea where it's from. Haha!

      Delete
  4. Two bags that are too sweet! Your mom and sister are going to be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Lorna! I hope the love them too! Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. They are great! Love the fabric you chose for them. They will be super happy I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much, Izzy! I can't wait to give it to them!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks so much!! I'm so excited to give them to them. I hope I can wait till Christmas!

      Delete
  7. Oh I love these bags! Wonderful job as always :-)
    If you don't mind me asking, what pattern did you use to make these bags because I would love to make one or two or maybe three....lol!
    I'm in need of a few more Christmas gifts!
    Thanks in advance for your help, Jessica
    juceyj03@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks Jessica!!! It's the market tote from the book, Patchwork Please. I love how big it is. I carry one and it holds everything!!!! I'm thinking of adding a shoulder strap to mine. Hope you give it a try!

      Delete
  8. what lovely bags, I am sure your family will be delighted with hem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret! I hope they love them. If not, I'll gladly take them back. Haha. Take care!!

      Delete
  9. These are so cute and will make awesome gifts. I just bought fabric today for two Christmas tablerunner gifts. I am now following your blog on my new blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts