I'm back from QuiltBLISS....

And it was awesome! I left from Dallas on Thursday and landed in Salt Lake at 2:30. I met up with two fellow attendees and we set out to Heber (about an hour outside of Salt Lake). We got less than a mile from the lodge and discovered that we were not going to make it up the mountain without 4-wheel drive. So we went back down the mountain and waited as patiently as we could for a ride up.

Once we got up there, we were greeted by the sweet ladies hosting this wonderful retreat (UCMQG) and got settled. Go visit their blog for more pictures!

--my room--
-- at my machine --
-- yeah, this picture is real --
-- our beautiful sewing room --
-- Sherri's trunk show --
-- Sherri's trunk show --

-- Sarah Jane's trunk show --
-- Swap item I received from Heather at Quilt Barn -- awesome!!!
-- pin cushion made by Marion of My Quilt Diet --so cute!!!
-- my retreat schedule --
Once I settled in and collected my rented Bernina, my new friend, Tami, and I began exploring the lodge. Did I mention this lodge was the largest privately owned cabin? Seriously! Check out some pictures here to get an idea of how amazing it is. It was easy to get lost in its 26,000 square feet of lodge-y goodness!
The food was amazing and was prepared by Pam's mom, sister and aunt. I felt truly pampered. We had lots of giveaways, classes and lectures with some amazing and talented quilters/artists including Sherri McConnell, Amy Smart, and Sara Jane. Some moments I even thought how the heck was was in the same room with theses ladies sewing.
Other than my cancelled flight home, I would say this getaway was perfect. So excited to be a part of the wonderful quilting community!
I have a sweet baby quilt to share soon as I am hand delivering it tomorrow and also made big relish a valentines pillow...so be on the lookout!
ps - looks like my awesome juki cover helped sell my house! We are under contract (option period) and fingers crossed everything goes smoothly. It will be sad to leave, as I have made a lot of memories here with my girls and I love this house, but it is a change for the better. :)
pss - I owe you an official Juki TL2010 review AND I can give you my honest opinion of the Bernina machine I rented at QuiltBLISS. You might find my opinion surprising ;)
Thanks for stopping by!
Melissa

 

Comments

  1. So sad I missed Quilt Bliss! Hope to go next year. Looks like you had a blast! Congrats on your house - hope it goes smoothly!! P.S. Your Juki cover is AH-mazeballs! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks like it was a ton of fun! I have a feeling which machine you liked better...Pricier isn't always better. Sometimes a straight-stitch machine is all you need. I'm looking forward to you machine review! Congrats on your big sell! Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had an amazing time! And congrats on selling the house! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like it was so much fun! Thanks for sharing your pictures. I especially love seeing that beautiful cabin with all the snowy snow you can see out the windows! I knew that cute cover would help sell your house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pleased to hear selling your house is going well. It was a pleasure meeting you at Quilt Bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. see you has a great time and how good to be able to hire a machine. Great news about the house, enjoy the sorting out prior to the move, no doubt you will find lost of lost treasures and things you forgot you ever had!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jealous, jealous, jealous! Okay, I am letting it go and moving on:) I am curious how you liked the bernina and about your Juki.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures and post! It was so much fun to meet you. I'm glad you had a great time, though I'm sorry about the cancelled flight home though. That always stinks. Thanks again for providing the Frozen sing-a-long! One of my favorite parts of the weekend. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun post! I, too appreciated hearing the Frozen soundtrack since I hadn't seen the movie yet! I guess I didn't realize you came all the way from Texas, too! It seemed like almost everyone was from Utah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know quilting has enriched my wife's life in ways that I never dreamed of. She has learned interesting facts about history because of quilts. She has made a ton of friends; and now she loves traveling because of quilting opportunities.

    Paradigm Capital Management

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts